Objective:- To advocate for the availability of and access to health services and meaningful HIV programming for ITGNC persons in EA.
Strategies In Place:-
- Strengthen capacity of policy makers and healthcare providers.
- Engagement in key health policy development forums such as the EAC.
- Health & HIV Advocacy
- Regional healthcare provision
- Promote integration of ITGNC in Key Population focused HIV programmes in the region.
Activities In Place:-
- Conduct regional forum on health & HIV access for EA ITGNC community targeting policy makers & healthcare workers in the region.
- Conduct regional forum on health & HIV access or availability for EA ITGNC community –for sensitization, information sharing, report launches and idea exchange
- Participate in regional health/HIV focused forums, meetings and conference
- Conduct media (social media, web, tv, radio) advocacy on need for healthcare provision for EA ITGNC.
- Act as regional hub for ITGNC healthcare needs such as the Purchase & distribution of hormones in bulk on behalf of members.
- Promote inclusion and integration of HIV programming into organisations’ members plans and develop, write & disseminate regional model strategy & toolkit on health & HIV availability, access,awareness and service provision.
- Create a guide on gender affirming services in the region.