Application Deadline: 28th August 2022
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Remote
Period: August – December 2022
Reports to: Executive Director
EATHAN – East Africa Trans Health & Advocacy Network is a network of trans & gender diverse activists & organisations based in East Africa. EATHAN has 26 member activists & groups based in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are looking for a flexible, experienced and articulate individual who works well in a team, is target driven, hardworking and works well under pressure and tight deadlines. They will be expected to support the team with programme responsibilities mostly listed below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in design, development, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of programmes
- Assist in grant proposal applications, budget development, and resource mobilisation
- Support implementation of programmes, activities and projects
- Support preparation & submission of donor narrative & financial reports in line with project goals & objectives and donor requirements in due time
- Support visibility through active participation & representation at relevant meetings, conferences, forums at regional & international spaces
- Support communication & member engagement through regular reporting & update on activities
- Knowledge & experience in the aforementioned duties including donor relations, project management & resource mobilisation
- Knowledge & experience in working with trans & gender diverse communities, LGBTIQ communities and rights (regional experience is an added advantage but not necessary)
- Experience in community mobilisation & engagement, advocacy & project management
- Ability to write & communicate in English (ability to do so in French or Swahili as well is an added value)
- At least 3 years in the relevant work experience as listed in the description
- Ability to work remotely & in person when needed (a good internet connection is highly preferred)
- A degree in a related field is preferred but not necessary for candidates with substantial related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
Submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, together with your resume/CV and your pay expectations (range) to email@example.com on or before the deadline.
Please Note: This position is on a consultancy basis. We may consider a full time position for the successful candidate but it is not guaranteed.
Only short-listed candidates with completed applications including pay expectations will be contacted. Please do not call.