Application Deadline: 3rd June 2022
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Programme Director
EATHAN – East Africa Trans Health & Advocacy Network is a network of trans & gender diverse activists & organisations based in East Africa. EATHAN has 26 member activists & groups based in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are looking for a flexible, experienced and articulate individual who works well in a team, is target driven, hardworking and works well under pressure and tight deadlines. They will be expected to support the team with financial and accountability responsibilities mostly listed below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the organization and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
- Other duties as may be required under this position
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution
- Minimum level II Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification
- A minimum of two years of experience in accounting, finance, budget or related area
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a human rights, queer rights, trans rights organisation is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting packages
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of additional languages is an added value.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
Submit the following to email@example.com with the suggested subject line by 5:00 pm Kenyan time on 3rd June 2022 with the subject line: Surname – Finance Officer
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (maximum 2 pages), including name and contact details of two references.