Application Deadline: 24th March 2023
Location:Nairobi, Kenya or Remote
Period: April – December 2023
Reports to:Executive Director
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a graphic designer consultant who is extremely skilled and qualified in creating visual text and imagery concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate our work in a way that inspires, informs, and captivates our members, partners, funders & stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- A degree in a related field is preferred but not necessary for candidates with substantial related experience.
- At least 3 years experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- At least 3 years in the relevant work experience as listed in the description.
- Ability to work remotely & in person when needed (a good internet connection is highly preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Submit your company/individual profile detailing your work with various samples to email@example.com on or before the deadline.
Only short-listed candidates with completed applications including pay expectations will be contacted. Please do not call.
EATHAN – East Africa Trans Health & Advocacy Network is a network of trans & gender diverse activists & organisations based in East Africa. EATHAN has 26 member activists & groups based in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Our mission is to equip and enable East African trans* diverse individuals and institutions, to organise and advocate for the improvement of their health, the recognition of their gender, and the protection of their human rights; utilising informed research and documentation, particularly on trans-affirming healthcare, HIV and SRHR; and by enhancing their livelihoods through capacity strengthening and empowerment.